In September 2022, we released SSH for Business and eCommerce sites. SSH (secure shell protocol) allows you to access your site from the command line and use tools such as WP-CLI to manage your site, plugins, users, and more.
Our users loved the feature — but they wanted more. So we’re pleased to announce that we’ve added the ability to add SSH keys to your account to make it even easier to connect to your site. Read on to get started.
How to Setup and Use Your SSH Key
- Copy your public SSH key to your clipboard.
- From your WordPress.com dashboard, go to My Profile.
- On the My Profile page, click on Security.
- Click on the SSH Key option available in the Security Checklist.
- Paste your SSH Key to the Public SSH Key field.
- Click on the Save SSH Key button.
- Select the site you wish to connect from the My Sites option.
- From your... [read more]