This is sort of a half-and-half dress. I had fully intended to use the Deer and Doe Magnolia pattern as is, because their patterns are a good fit, but in the end I didn't.




I used the skirt for view A (but sewed up the split), and was going to use the bodice for view B but make it sleeveless.  In the end I drafted the bodice from my block, and was able to re-jig the bodice from my Frocktails dress, so it was pretty quick to do.

 


Me, being me, ended up making a few changes.  I put a zip in the centre back, because I find side seam zips a bit of a faff to sew.

 


And I also faced the inside of the waistband, and used facing instead of bias tape to face the neckline.




The fabric is some cheap and cheerful viscose from Sew N Sew in Belfast that I bought last year.  I bought either 3 or 4 metres (can't remember which), but didn't realise that it was 45 inches wide, so... [read more]