I finally finished the New Look 6314 top! I wore it yesterday. I liked the way the fabric felt and was comfortable to wear. If you read my previous post(s) about this pattern then you know I made many fitting adjustments after making my test of this pattern.
So let's get started:
- 5/8 inches for a high round back adjustment
- Swayback adjustment of 5/8 inches
- Forward shoulder adjustment of 5/8 inches
- Full bust adjustment of 1.5 inches
- Added 7/8 inches to front and back neckline. It was too wide for my comfort and aging neckline
- Shortened the shoulder at sleeve line by 5/8 inches
- Took 3/8 inch tuck through the upper chest and back, to reduce length between underarms.
- Lowered dart by 7/8
All of this was made after pattern fitting and before cutting out the fabric. I thought about eliminating the resulting dart when making the FBA; I didn't until after sewing the... [read more]